Focal is a community service organisation with more than 49 years experience delivering services to the community in particular to youth and adults with disabilities. Focal operates across Brisbane and Ipswich areas.
Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Rosters Support Officer to join our dynamic team. In this position you will be a key team member responsible for providing rostering and administration services to support client and employee needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and distribution of team and client rosters
- Maintain the rostering and employee databases ensuring information is relevant, accurate and up to date to meet all compliance standards
- Ensure rosters are in line with approved client fee schedules and the provisions of the SCHADS award
- Other adhoc duties as requested by management team
To be successful in this role, you must enjoy working to tight timeframes and be adept at complex problem solving. Your ability to work under pressure in a highly agile environment coupled with excellent customer service skills will see you succeed in this role. High attention to detail, proficient skills in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a productive team environment are essential requirements of this position.
Candidates who have worked in a high volume roster setting (700+ employees and clients) will be viewed favourably.
As an NDIS provider it is mandatory that the successful candidate possesses or is willing to obtain the following:
- NDIS Worker Screening Positive Clearance
- Completion of the NDIS Training modules
- Paid Blue Card
- Evidence of Australian working rights
- 3+ years minimum experience in roster management with high attention to detail
- Highly proficient in the use of IT systems and processes
- Excellent time management & problem solving skills
- Approachable, motivated and reliable with exceptional communication skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Willingness to participate in on-call arrangements
Conditions of Employment
This position is offered in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award. Given the nature of our organisation and service delivery times, this position is required to work shift work which can include evening work (up to 10pm to manage the 'on-call' phone) and weekend work on a rotating roster. A six month probation period applies.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on skills and experience. As a Not-for-Profit organisation, our team members enjoy significant tax benefits through salary sacrificing arrangements. In addition, Focal supports a healthy work/life balance and is committed to providing opportunities for career expansion and growth for our team. Flexible work locations may be negotiated with the successful candidates.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please APPLY NOW.