Focal is a not for profit, community-based organisation that provides a broad range of innovative and responsive services to people with a disability and their families.
Focal has been providing services for 49 years in the Ipswich, Brisbane and Lockyer regions of Queensland.
Focal is seeking an experienced Support Coordinator to:
• Think outside the box and work resourcefully with NDIS participants to maximise their NDIS support budget to achieve their goals and dreams
• Assist participants to gain access to mainstream or community services such as housing, education, transport, health
• Build participant capacity so they can exercise greater choice and control and develop skills for increased independence in directing services and supports in the longer term
• Attend home and community visits to connect, build relationships and capacity, and ensure that the quality and value of the supports received meets expectations
• Ensure all necessary paperwork including case file notes and reporting are completed in a timely manner to comply with NDIS and sector requirements
• Advocate for individuals and their families with dignity. Communicating their goals and aspirations to their stakeholder team and the National Disability Insurance Agency.
About the Role
The Support Coordinator works directly with people receiving NDIS funding and their families to remove any barriers in navigating their package and establishing supports. This assistance aims to build capacity and confidence around coordinating and managing their own supports over time.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 12 months NDIS Support Coordinator experience
• High level of understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
• Current QLD Driver’s License
• Reliable Vehicle
• Working with Children’s Check
• NDIS Worker Screening Check
• Candidates with Diploma in Disability or Certificate 4 level qualifications will be considered where they have had substantial years of relevant experience and specialist skills relevant to the role.
• Knowledge of consumer-directed care principles and National Disability Insurance Scheme.
• Comprehensive induction and orientation program as well as on-the-job planned support and guidance.
• Access to a wide variety of excellent learning and development tools, online and in-person, to continue your professional and personal development.
We also ensure that you have access to broader long-term career pathways and opportunities across Disability Supports and in other programs and services.