- Immediate Openings Available
- Experience Preferred but not essential as full training provided
- Multiple Locations across the wider Brisbane areas
- Growing organisation with opportunities for career advancement
Focal is a well established community service organisation operating across multiple locations in South East Queensland. With extensive experience in delivering person centred support, our aim is to empower people with disability and ageing Australians to live a life of choice and independence.
About the Role
The role of a Support Worker is to deliver quality services which are aligned with both client and organisational expectations. Adopting a model of empowerment, our Support Workers provide tailor made individualised services to enable client's to achieve their personalised goals and desired outcomes.
Primary Duties of the Position
- Partnering with clients and their wider support networks to deliver identified client outcomes
- Listening to clients whilst allowing them to exercise their right to 'choice and control'
- Implementing and adhering to Individual Support Plans
- Supporting clients with daily living activities including housekeeping, cleaning, meal preparation, shopping and transportation
- Supporting clients with personal care, including hygiene, eating, medication, health care and mobility
- Providing client access to community activities and group events
- Maintain accurate and complete records and progress notes
- A strong understanding of NDIS and a strong commitment to its principles and code of conduct
- Adherence to providing a safe system of work at all times
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for providing exceptional support services to our diverse client base. Professional and collaborative in nature, our successful candidate will embrace our vision of 'creating endless opportunities for all'. Whilst experience is preferred, we are willing to train individual who demonstrate the right attitudes and commitment to our company values and service standards.
To fulfil the requirements of this position, candidates will require the following:
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and access to a roadworthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance to assist with client transportation (mileage reimbursed)
- Current Police Check (within the last 90 days)
- Current Positive Notice - Blue Card
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
The successful candidate will also be required to complete the following National Skillsets within 3 months of joining the organisation:
HLTHP2006 'Assist Client with Medication'
HLTWHS002 'Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Client Care or HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Conditions of the Role
- This position is initially offered on a CASUAL basis with the view towards progression to a permanent appointment based on performance.
- Remuneration will be guided by the Terms and Conditions of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS Award) and commensurate with experience.
Working for Focal
Focal is committed to providing great job experiences for our people and offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Flexibility around working hours and locations
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Progression and opportunities for growth
- Generous Salary Sacrificing arrangements for permanent employees
- Focal embraces diversity, inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
If you are looking for a rewarding career and are keen to join a progressive organisation that truly makes a difference in the community, please apply now.